Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Shopping in Paris

At the asian-filled Louis Vuitton store in Champs Elysees

EK: is it this busy everyday?
Salesperson: yes, busy everyday.
EK: Crazy asians!
Salesperson swallows her smile

Yes, we are part of the crazy Asian movement!


On Rue du Faubourg

HM: excusez-moi, can you tell me where is the Aye-mess store?
French lady: pardon?
HM: the Aye-mess store? There is or around here?
French lady pauses, then asks, what is Aye-mess?
I type out H-E-R-M-E-S on my phone and show it to her.
French lady: Ah! Errk-mess! Oui, walk straight, there is one 10 minutes from here.

Now you know why I'll never make it on the socialite scene!

2 comments:

  1. So did you find your Errkmess orh not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and no... found the store but could not get the bag. It's an insider thing, I think, but i'm obviously an outsider

    ReplyDelete