Friday, June 18, 2010

Postlogue - HM

And so we're back from almost outer space

The trip was for me almost too well-planned. Nothing went wrong, everything ran like clockwork. Not many impromptu moments, which is a good and bad thing. Good cos, we couldn't have afforded any hiccups. Bad cos it means there were no surprises.

But in all, I'm so happy we finally went.

And I think I had the best travel companion. My dear husband lets me decide where to go every step of the way. Of course, I'm expected to find the way to wherever we were going. Well, it's hard to find someone else so enthusiastic about flea markets. Plus, here's the most important part, he's willing to rough it out with me when we need to.

I thought about coming up with the best (and worst) of everything as he has, but I simply love them all.

So I shall just have a concluding thought. The best turns out to be the worst sometimes; just as the worst can be the best. Halong Bay gave me the most pleasant surprise. I expected it to be nice, in the end I was in awe. The five-day train journey was the most painful, now that is the part of the trip I thought I had the most fun. I looked forward to Paris the entire trip, but it didn't make me love it the way I did the first time I was there. Maybe it was the rain.....

The best part of the trip was really talking to fellow travellers, locals, whoever! Sharing perspectives is the most important thing the human race has got going for it.

Ok, so there! I now have to edit the 900 photos I took, that's excluding the iphone photos.

Look out for version 2.0 (And i'm thinking about the silk road)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so inspired by you guys ! I so wanna do the Trans-Siberian from Beijing to St Petersburg next year. I hope to end there for the White Nights Arts Festival and watch all the bridges raise up at 12mn over the river Neva. *dream*

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe.... We hardly roughed it out when I think back about our trip.

    Your plans sound great! I'm so sure you'll find whatever you were looking for and more. I'm dreaming of going to Beijing from the tanjong pagar train station and then on to Xian to start on the silk road... May all our wanderlust keep us truly alive while we wait!

    PS: keep us updated when you go!

    ReplyDelete