Friday, June 18, 2010

Postlogue - EK

Sigh... We've been back to reality for 3 days now (yes, we're back to Singapore and I had to start work the day after touch down). The nightmare is not the work...it's lack of zzzz. See, my body is still running on Euro time zone..For the last few nights, I have been awake between 3am and 6am, yes literally eyes wide open. So is Hwee Min. We had to eat Supper at 3am (i.e. 8pm London time for dinner). Fortunately, we are in the midst of World Cup 2010 and I have the matches to accompany me. Still the feeling of not able to sleep sucks.

As you know, we did not cover the entire world during this trip. But I think 30 days is good enough for me. Anymore, it will be too much for me to absorb and digest. Bearing in mind that I only have short term-memory (as what HM always say about me). In fact, I have already forgotten what we did in Hanoi while we were in Paris. So to complete this 'round the world', we hope to kickstart another trip that commences from London (where we stopped), down south to Africa and back up to the Nordic. Following that another trip to American Continent, up and down, left and right the whole land. Disclaimer, this is just an idea and nothing has firmed up yet.

Meanwhile, summary of my thoughts for the entire trip:
Favourite European city - Berlin, Germany (everything there is neat and orderly)
Favourite Asian city - Xi Ann, China (Old, ancient city with lots of character)
Favourite Scenery - Ha Long Bay @ Hanoi
Favourite City to Migrate - London (why? Arsenal lah)
Best Shopping Experience - Paris (Got LV... that's not true)
Best Pubbing Experience - Houhai Lake @ Beijing (The stretch of the pubs just never end)
Best Flea Market - Berlin (I almost gapo everything in the market if HM had not stopped me)
Best Physical Exercise - Trekking on the Great Wall @ Beijing (Seriously, no joke climbing up and down and some steps are almost 90 degrees steep)
Most Torturous Shopping Experience - Shopping at Paris (we shop and shop and shop......)
Worst Moment - Puking in the toilet of the train from Mongolia to Russia

Lastly, thanks to all of you who have either commented in this blog or Facebook. It's really fun to read your comments before going to bed during the trip. Let's keep in touch via phone or email: kkoohh7@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment